Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vampire - finished

Phantom birds and sparrow's wings
watercolor, gouache, acrlyic ink and india ink - 10" x 10"
 --
My work has been a little darker lately, undoubtedly because of the strange dreams I have been having. I originally started this blog to have a place to write about my dreams, but it's a bit of a commitment to write them down before they flit away. (I'd rather focus on drawing than writing anyway). I have always wanted to draw my dreams though. Could be fun, could be utter nonsense. (Like the high-heeled purple mink boots I tried wearing to the beach the other night). It seems my dreams influence my art anyway, so I'm indirectly writing about them when I draw. Anyway, thanks for listening. Now go enjoy your Sunday! 

And thanks to the lovely Elsie Flannigan over at A Beautiful Mess for featuring me in "10 Things I love Sunday"! ♥



7 comments:

Tara said...

Looks great!

Best,
Tara
Art is Vital. Love is Vital. Shopping is Vital.
http://elanvitalanthology.blogspot.com

cinta / sepi / sayu said...

thank you so much dear charmaine.

your art is amazing,
i especially love the drawing series. beautiful.
don't ever stop.

<3

*Randi* said...

dark and beautiful. wow~

Anonymous said...

i love your illustrations, feel really inspired after looking through your blog!

charmaine olivia said...

thank you lovelies!

Harry said...

Thank you very much for saying my art inspired by you was awesome, i'm sorry I haven't thanked you sooner it's just I only found out today that you left a comment. Also cool vampire.

Juliette said...

I didn't even know you had done a vampire series! I love it! Vamp, you :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you so much for commenting!
♥,
Charmaine